Today I advised my cousin:
- Give yourself permission to be who you are.
- Tell yourself that you’re okay just the way you are. Yes even the anger, flaws, worries, smoking habit, loves, interests, and all that stuff going on inside your head, and everything you share, and everything you don’t share with everyone else. Yes, even whatever you just thought of. All of it, it’s okay and so are you.
- You are only one person. You can only do what you can do, regardless of how much you want to do.
- You are strong enough to hold how you feel.
He was quiet a while, processing what I said. He told me that what currently helps him is to:
- Ask yourself if this will matter in 10 minutes, 10 months, or 10 years.
I think we both might know more then we give ourselves credit for…